My favorite things

Jun 24, 2009

There certainly is the information overload to learn jazz piano.

This is my first post on "how to play jazz piano". I have been learning internet marketing for 6 years. The conclusion of those years is that I go back to the basic. Do whatever you love to do. And this is my site to tell my way= lazy way to learn jazz piano.

I've been checking through those video on piano lessons at YouTube every now and then out of my curiosity. They are wonderful! But they are wonderful only if you had done finger training for certain extent and if you had learned how to read notes on sheets. Well, you don't have to read thoroughly, though. I mean you don't need to be able to play as you read if the score is of one of those classic music.

Since I started playing piano as late as 17 years old, my finger was totally in lack of training. So I have known that if I cannot play, I cannot read sheet nor figner positions on keyboard.

I started learn jazz piano as I started finger training using Hanon. I had two teachers, one for fingers and the other for jazz play.

No comments:

Post a Comment