My favorite things

Jan 13, 2012

Do you know a Japanese pop played by Pink Martini?

This is my favorite Saori, the lady singer who recorded pure Japanese song with Pink Martini lately. It's been a while since I heard this song last time. I got tear comes out pretty hard. I can't guess teh reason.



This arrangement itself is rather new. I remember that the original had been played slower. I'm not sure now, it's been long time ago, some 40 years back, you know. 40 years has been a long but short while. That was when I got married with my first wife. The life was full of hope and joy and expectation from others. Well, I should settle myself for having those days.

She has exceptionally beautiful voice, don't you think? And her face does represent the beauty of ancient Japan. No, don't take me wrong. The face of 6th to 10th century Japan. Her face represents a typical impression of Japanese women with slit eyes on oval and smooth blank face for the foreigners, right?

Is she a beauty? No, not in the modern sense but she sure is an adult lady worth earning respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment