My favorite things

Jul 7, 2009

Jazz with young people

I have started to learn piano at the age of 17. Do you remember how this age was? You guessed right! I wanted to be popular.
Being the late starter, I have developed many shortcuts so that they recognize me a good piano player.
One thing is that I selected jazz piano as my target. Of course I liked jazz very much. But this is not to write my first encounter with jazz. Continue. . .



When I traveled up north to Newport Jazz festival in 1967, I had great jazz experience. One hundred pieces full band played "Begin the Beguin". The reason why I remember it is that a boy of 13 years old took solo part. His clarinet was just fabulous!

I was 23 at that time and had passed 5 years since I started piano. I was awed.
But then, do I stop playing my piano? Not at all. I started to build my style since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment