My favorite things

May 25, 2010

Where is Miles Davis of 60es?

I am writing while listening Miles Davis in Muchen in 1987. I never liked Miles of 80es. He seemed to have foget the melody. He went to the rhythm. Well, technically, they are excellent and world class for sure. I'm wondering why he didn't try to integrate the rhythm of 80es with the melody line of his early 60es.

Rhythm itself is great though it's boring to listen to the improvisation without chord progression. The second tune started out rather slow. I am not familiar with Miles in 80es anyway.
Now I jumped to Wight '70. I see the base of his 80es here. Now I feel like Miles was nothing but a human. Os he's been doing this for next 20 years. Right? The keyboard player looks familiar. Yeah, I was in Fort Lee in 1970. But I didn't have tried Miles live.



It is interesting if you chekc the number of times the video has played at Google video. Someday prince will come, one of my favorites counting 959 times. On thw other hands, Miles Davis Hannibal that sound pretty close to the sound of Muchen counted for only 167. So, Let me conclude that quite a number of people prefer Miles in 60es than 80es. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment